The transplantation of hair is one of the best options or we can say that it is only a permanent option to cure the male or female pattern baldness. The procedure is actually a process of transferring of hair roots from one body part to another, means changing of hair root’s location from the donor areas to the recipient bald area.
The status of a graph based on the medical tourism states that 80% of foreign patients interested in receiving the plastic & cosmetic surgeries in India and the hair transplant in Delhi is on the top demand. Both men and women receive the procedure as it is a single permanent option to treat the baldness issue.
In this article, we will explain the minor side effects that may arise after the procedure needed to be understood. These side effects must be explained as it can make a confusion or myth for the hair loss patients that are needed to be eradicated by study and research.
The Top 5 Common Side effects are described through the following Points:
- Swelling: The swelling after the hair transplant procedure is very common. It occurs due to the fluid from the recipient area flow downward along the tissue panel from the top of the scalp to the area above the eyebrow as well as around the eyes. This flow also causes blackish around eyes that goes naturally within 3-4 days. If it persisted more than 4 days, you need to consult with your hair transplant surgeon.
- Pain: Pain after a hair transplant procedure is a common side effect that dies down once your scalp starts healing. The pain is bearable and some painkillers can be allowed to make it numb. In some cases, it may be endurable when a patient doesn’t use the painkillers. However, those who seem to be more affected can take the painkillers.
- Numbness: Numbness is also a common side effect that occurs after a hair transplant procedure. The effect of numbness can persist up to 18 weeks after the procedure taken and considered as a more common side effect. If it doesn’t go away after 4-5 months of the surgery, you need to consult to your hair transplant Doctor.
- Cysts: Cysts occur as a result of hair root insertion deeper into the skin. Generally, it is pimple-sized lumps that are benign. It occurs as the hair follicles damaged the skin layer in the process of hair root implantation. In most of the cases, the cysts go themselves. If it doesn’t go easily, you need to consult with your hair transplant surgeon.
- Hiccups: It is also a common side effect of the hair transplant surgery and can be seen in 5% hair transplant patients. It occurs soon after the procedure and cast last from several hours to a few days. It goes naturally, but in some cases needs medical advice. The hiccups are more common in hair transplant patients than it is seen in the scalp reduction patients.
On the whole, we can say that every surgical procedure involves some risks and complications and hair transplant is one of them. However, it is important to consult with the expert if you are facing the same and you just had the surgery.