In a crisis, medics are trained to keep a cool head. Ensure that refrigeration does not hamper efforts.
Across the UK, in private and NHS hospitals, nursing and care homes, clinical research centres and laboratories, the availability of adequate, temporary and emergency refrigeration facilities is integral to effective operation.
The suggestion of chiller hire may call to mind images of restaurants, caterers and events venues but it is in medical spheres that modular cold rooms and mobile emergency refrigeration can become a matter of life or death.
From use in blood drives and banks, to storage of medications and vaccines, to secure sample integrity in the time lapse between its being taken and its analysis, and to hold additional supplies during a high-level epidemic, measures should be in place today so when an emergency refrigeration situation presents itself, you’re prepared. Choose a firm that already has experience with medical sector clients and NHS Trusts; renowned Icecool Trailers has over 20 years of experience and understands the demands of work in these environments.
Flexibility and speed are vital
- Leading suppliers offer a 24/7 service and appreciate that every second spent waiting for emergency refrigeration can have consequences, so they aim to deliver within a couple of hours, dependant on the distance between the depot and site.
- Legislation meeting, hygienic and well-maintained refrigeration facilities are available in a range of sizes and capacities, on wheels and as immobile modular cold rooms. The units can be located indoors or outside, can be powered via mains or generator and are fully lockable and secure.
- Swift installation, easy to use chiller hire at competitive rates offers an ideal solution; place the unit in a car park, corridor, outbuilding, adjacent to a laboratory.
- Hire periods can be extended with little effort.
- Modular cold rooms are often assembled on site by the hire firm and so worries about getting units through doors and on to site can be negated.
- Shelves in hire facilities are moveable to suit client needs.
- Facilities have an evident entry/exit point and therefore a means of escape. The doors are simple to operate from the inside and the lighting level, even when the chiller hire unit’s door is closed, is sufficient to allow visibility of the door and its mechanism.
- Medical staff can work in the modular cold rooms and chillers without breaking any health and safety rules and this is an asset when space is limited.
- In the rare instances that freezer trailers or freezer rooms are required, firms including Icecool Trailers can furnish clients with these in varying capacities at competitive rates.
- During expansion or renovation work, booking chiller hire facilities is a wise investment to offset disruption. During a blood drive, a break in mains power in a standard fridge could pose operational difficulties, a modular cold room powered by generator ensures that every donation is safe to work with.
Whatever your unique needs, contact a trustworthy service provider. Icecool Trailers covers London, South Wales, Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Dorset, Avon & Somerset, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Essex, Sussex, and Surrey.